BabelFish aims to be a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO) running on Futarchy.
We will evolve our way there through three governance epochs:
- Freshwater Epoch: Current epoch. Semi-decentralized organization to kick things off.
- Seawater Epoch: DAO is launched and the community votes on the direction of the protocol.
- Spacewater Epoch: Futarchy!
Teams / Schools of Fish
To keep BabelFish organised, it is necessary to have schools of fish (teams) and roles within them.
Teams are groups of people working in specific verticals towards a common goal.
Each team is managed by one Dolphin, responsible for tracking all their efforts.
Every two weeks the teams will present their progress at the community call.
There are six teams, whose responsibilities are subject to change.
- Protocol development and maintenance
- System architecture
- System security
- Technical Content
- Team coordination and overarching vision
- Ecosystem analytics and tracking
- Organization and culture
- Recruiting, cultivating talent
- Community engagement
- User troubleshooting
- Insuring transparency
- Community education
- Information and communication
- Adoption metrics tracking
- UI and UX
- Whitepapers and explainers
- Content (audio-visual and long-form storytelling)
- Art, design and memes
- Social Media
- Branding (General Dolphin Assembly)
- External collaborations
- Legal and contractual
Humans are free to come and go, contribute a little or a lot, or simply hop in for casual support.
Schools help connect community members, focus discussions, and get things done.
Each school of fish (team) can consist of many participants, and is managed by a dolphin (🐬).
A human can be in more than one school, and have different roles in each.
Roles define expertise, authority and accountability.
Role rewards are capped accordingly per school.
Humans only get rewarded their highest rank per month.
The roles are as follows, in descending order:
Shark 🦈 15+ hours per week Contribute across a number of working groups. Leads the delivery of a number of tasks and projects.
Puffer Fish 🐡 10-14 hours per week Takes ownership and leads the delivery of a specific tasks within a working group.
Tropical Fish 🐠 6-9 hours per week Offers support of specific tasks for a working group.
Fish 🐟 0-5 hours per week Helps promote BabelFish on social media. Designs content to contribute in an area of expertise.
Space Invader 👾
One-off task-based operations.